Armour College of Engineering is taking 28 engineering students on a tour of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago's (MWRD) McCook Reservoir. Students will be guided by one of MWRD's expert engineers to get an inside look at this engineering feat which is part of the Tunnel and Reservoir Plan (TARP).
The tour will start at the Mainstream Pumping Station after which attendees will be bussed to the McCook Reservoir, the last and largest of three reservoirs being constructed as part of the TARP. When complete, the reservoir will be largest of its kind in the world. These tours will give visitors a complete overview of the TARP system and how it functions to improve local water quality and mitigate flooding throughout Cook County.
The cost of this tour is $5 and will help cover the cost of transportation. A link to provide payment will be distributed to you upon your RSVP and corrrect sumbission of the required forms. If you do not provide payment by 9/24 your spot on the tour will be forfeited to a student on the waitlist.
- You MUST wear sturdy footwear– sandals and high heels will not be permitted on the tour.
- You MUST wear pants– dresses and shorts will will not be permitted on the tour.
10:45 am - Meet in MTCC in front of Global Grounds
11 am - Bus will leave campus promtly
11:30 am - Arrive at Mainstreem Pumping Station and tour begins
1 pm - Tour ends and students get on bus to return to campus
1:30 pm - Arrive back to campus.
You MUST download and complete the below forms to go on the tour. Documents will be submitted via a Google Form when you RSVP.
- This tour will be limited to the first 28 students to RSVP, complete the required forms, and provide payment. A link to provide payment will be shared with you upon your RSVP and the correct submission of required forms.
- If you are not one of first 28 students to RSVP and complete the required froms, you will be added to a wait list and notified If a spot on the tour becomes available.
- Make sure to eat a hearty breakfast or bring a light snack on the trip as we will be leaving campus at 11 am and will not be returning until approximately 1:30 pm.