Wave propagation, phononics, metamaterials, NDE-SHM through wave techniques, micromechanics and homogenization.
My current research concerns wave propagation in nonlinear dispersive media with special emphasis on dynamic micromechanics, metamaterials, and phononics. I am generally interested in creative and interesting problems in mechanics and have also been working on massive parallelization of certain algorithms in phononics through GPU computing. The application areas of my research include cloaking, shock wave mitigation, transducer design, vibration control, energy-flow control, NDE and SHM.
- Ankit Srivastava, "Elastic Metamaterials and Dynamic Homogenization: A Review", IJSNM, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19475411.2015.1017779.
- Ankit Srivastava and Sia Nemat-Nasser, "Mixed-variational Formulation for the Band-structure Evaluation of Arbitrarily Complex Unit Cells", Mechanics of Materials, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmat.2014.03.002.
- Ankit Srivastava and Sia Nemat-Nasser, "On the Limit and Applicability of Dynamic Homogenization", Wave Motion, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wavemoti.2014.04.003.
- A. Amirkhizi, C. Nielsen, Z. Jia, W. Nantasetphong, H. Sadeghi, K. Holzworth, A. Srivastava and S. Nemat-Nasser, "Pressure-invariant Non-reflective and Highly Dissipative Acoustic Metamaterials", Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 135 (2014) 2222.
- Sia Nemat-Nasser and Ankit Srivastava, "Bounds on Effective Dynamic Properties of Elastic Composites," Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2012.07.003.
- Sia Nemat-Nasser and Ankit Srivastava, “Negative Effective Dynamic Mass-density and Stiffness: Micro-architecture and Phononic Transport in Periodic Composites,” Special Issue for AIP, Phononics, Vol. 1 (2012) 041502.
- Ankit Srivastava and Sia Nemat-Nasser, “Universal Theorems for Total Energy of the Dynamics of Linearly Elastic Heterogeneous Solids,” Mechanics of Materials (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmat.2011.06.011) (pdf: http://arxiv.org/abs/1106.4066) (2011).
- Sia Nemat-Nasser and Ankit Srivastava, “Overall Dynamic Constitutive Relations of Layered Elastic Composites,” Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, ( http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2011.07.008) (2011).
- Sia Nemat-Nasser, John R. Willis, Ankit Srivastava, and Alireza V. Amirkhizi, “Homogenization of Periodic Elastic Composites and Locally Resonant Sonic Materials,” Physical Review B, Vol. 83 (2011) 104103.
- Srivastava, A., Bartoli, I., Salamone, S., and Lanza di Scalea, F., “Higher Harmonic Generation in Nonlinear Waveguides of Arbitrary Cross-section,” Journal of Acoustic Society of America (2010) doi: 10.1121/1.3365247.
- Srivastava, A., and Lanza di Scalea, F., “On the Existence of Antisymmetric or Symmetric Lamb Waves at Nonlinear Higher Harmonics,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 323 (2009) pp. 932-943.
- Srivastava, A., and Lanza di Scalea, F., “On the Existence of Longitudinal or Flexural Waves in Rods at Nonlinear Higher Harmonics,” Journal of Sound and Vibration (2008) doi:10.1016/j.jsv.2009.11.017.
- Salamone, S., Fasel, T., Bartoli, I., Srivastava, A., Lanza di Scalea, F., and Todd, M., “Health Monitoring Approach for Adhesively Bonded Joints,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 67, No. 7 (2009) pp. 828-836.
- Srivastava, A., Agarwal, A., Chakraborty, D., and Dutta, A., “Control of Smart Laminated FRP Structures Using Artificial Neural Networks,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Vol. 24, No. 13 (2005) pp. 1353-1364.
- Sabra, K., Srivastava, A., Lanza di Scalea, F., Bartoli, I., and Rizzo, P., “Structural Health Monitoring by Extraction of Coherent Guided Waves from Diffuse Fields,” Journal of Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 123, Issue 1 (2008) pp. EL8-EL13.