Distributed Storage Systems, Information-Theoretic Security, Network Coding, Wireless Communication, Video-on-Demand, Information and Coding Theory.
Dr. El Rouayheb’s research is in the area of information theory and coding theory. He is particularly interested in solving problems related to distributed data storage, information-theoretic security and network coding. His recent contributions include new codes for data reliability and security in distributed storage systems and efficient algorithms for data exchange among wireless users.
- Texas Telecommunication Engineering Consortium Graduate Fellowship, 2005
- The Charlie S. Korban Award for outstanding graduate student, 2004
- T. Ernvall, S. El Rouayheb, C. Hollanti and H. V. Poor, “Capacity and Security of Heterogeneous Distributed Storage Systems," to appear in the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications: Networking Challenges in Cloud Computing Systems and Applications, September 2013.
- S. Goparaju, S. El Rouayheb, R. Calderbank and H. Vincent Poor, “Data Secrecy in Distributed Storage Systems under Exact Repair,” 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Network Coding (Netcod), Calgary, Canada, June 2013.
- M. Effros, S. El Rouayheb, M. Langberg, “An Equivalence between Network Coding and Index Coding,” 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Istanbul, Turkey, July 2013.
- S. El Rouayheb, E. Soljanin and A. Sprintson, “Secure Network Coding for Wiretap Networks of Type II,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 56, No. 9, March 2012.
- N. Milosavljevic, S. Pawar, S. El Rouayheb, M. Gastpar and K. Ramchandran, “Data Exchange Problem with Helpers,” Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Boston, July 2012.
- S. Pawar, S. El Rouayheb, H. Zhang, K. Lee and K. Ramchandran, “Codes for a Distributed Caching Based Video-On-Demand System,” Proceedings of Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, November 2011.
- S. Pawar, S. El Rouayheb and K. Ramchandran, “Securing Dynamic Distributed Storage Systems against Eavesdropping and Adversarial Attacks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 57, No. 9, September 2011.
- S. El Rouayheb, A. Sprintson and C. N. Georghiades, “On the Index Coding Problem and Its Relation to Network Coding and Matroid Theory,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol.56, No.7, July 2010.
- S. El Rouayheb and K. Ramchandran, “Fractional Repetition Codes for Repair in Distributed Storage Systems,” Proceedings of 48th Annual Allerton Conference on Commununication, Control and Computation, Monticello, September 2010.
- S. El Rouayheb, A. Sprintson and P. Sadeghi, “On Coding for Cooperative Data Exchange,” Proceedings of IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), Cairo, Egypt, January 2010.
- S. El Rouayheb, M. A. R. Chaudhry and A. Sprintson, “On the Minimum Number of Transmissions in Single-Hop Wireless Coding Networks,” In the proceeding of IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Lake Tahoe, California, September 2007.