Senior Research Associate
PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, 2012
MS in Materials Science and Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, 2005
BS in Technology - Metallurgical Engineering, JNT University, Hyderabad, India, 2002
- Non-ferrous and ferrous metallurgy
- Development of novel heat treatment processes and alloys
- Metallurgical experimental techniques
- Development of cathode material for lithium ion batteries
- Characterization of tungsten carbide cobalt cermets
- Development of novel shape memory investment castings
- Development of ultra-fine grain steel forgings
- TEM analysis of RR100 super alloy
- Second Prize at ASM Chicago Chapter Poster Competition, 2008
- First Prize at MMAE Poster Competition, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2009
- First Prize at MMAE Poster Competition, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2005
Professional Society Memberships
- S.V. Emani, J. Benedyk, P. Nash and D. Chen, Double Aging and Thermo-mechanical Heat Treatment of AA7075 Aluminum Alloy Extrusions, Journal of Materials Science (DOI 10.1007/s10853-009-3879-8).
- S.V. Emani and P. Nash, Double Aging of AA7075 Aluminum Alloy, Light metal Age, June 2010.
- S.V. Emani and L. Shaw, On the Hardness of Submicrometer-Sized WC-Co Materials, Materials Science and Engineering, accepted for publication in December 2014.