Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
First Semester of Enrollment:
To receive your PIN to register you must communicate with your faculty academic advisor for program and course advising. You can meet them in person or simply communicate via email. The name and contact information of your academic advisor was provided to you in an email communication through the Graduate Admission Office and is also available in your MyIIT Portal. Your advisor will provide information on what courses to take in your first semester, and then will provide a six-digit PIN for you to use to register.
Continuing Semesters of Enrollment
The registration PIN will be displayed in the myIIT portal on the “IIT Personal ID Numbers” channel located under the Welcome tab.
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or co-terminal) advisor. The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Co-terminal students in the first semester of graduate co-terminal enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
- The hold prevents registration before the following semester until lifted by the adviser
- The mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold
How to Schedule Academic Advising to Remove Hold
Graduate students are required to communicate with their academic advisor prior to registration to remove the mandatory advising hold. Students should contact their advisor directly by email, phone, or stop by their office.
If your academic advisor does not respond within 2-3 business days, students can forward the email that was sent to their advisor to the CAEE Academic Program Coordinator and/or the CAEE Department Chair at email@example.com. All department office contact information can be found on the CAEE website.
Co-Terminal Process for Removing Hold
Graduate Academic Advising for a Co-Terminal student registration hold will be removed when the student submits the declaration of co-terminal shared and non-shared courses in eForms (in myIIT), and after it is approved by the co-terminal (graduate) advisor, academic unit, and Graduate Academic Affairs (which will lift the hold). The Student will need to see their advisor for shared and non-shared course advising. Please refer to the "Co-Terminal Program Advising" hyperlink below on this advising web page.
David Arditi (Construction Engineering and Management)
Brent Stephens (Architectural Engineering, Energy Conservation and Buildings)
Paul Anderson (Environmental Engineering, Infrastructure Systems)
Mehdi Modares (Structural Engineering)
Jeffrey Budiman (Geotechnical Engineering)
Zongzhi Li (Transportation, Public Works)
- Co-Terminal Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/