Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
First Semester of Enrollment
In order to receive your PIN to register you must meet with your faculty advisor for program and course advising. Your advisor will provide the PIN for you to register. The name and contact information of your advisor was given to you in an email communication through the Graduate Admission Office and is also available in your MyIIT portal under the Academics tab in the Academic Profile channel. If you are unable to locate your advisor’s name or unable to contact your advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and include your advisor’s name and your CWID number. This information also applies to Distance Learning students.
Continuing Semesters of Enrollment
The registration PIN will be displayed in the MyIIT portal on the Welcome tab, located on the “IIT Personal ID Numbers” channel.
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or co-terminal) adviser. The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Co-terminal students in the first semester of graduate co-terminal enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
- The hold prevents registration before the following semester until lifted by the adviser
- The mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold
How to Schedule Academic Advising to Remove Hold
Graduate students are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration to remove the mandatory advising hold. Students should contact their advisor directly by email.
CO-TERMINAL student registration holds will be removed when the student submits the declaration of co-terminal shared and non-shared courses in eForms, after it is approved by the co-terminal (graduate) advisor, academic unit and Graduate Academic Affairs which will lift the hold. Students will need to see their advisor for shared and non-shared course advising. Please refer to the "Co-Terminal Program Advising" hyperlink below on this advising web page.
If your academic advisor does not respond within 2-3 business days you should forward the email that was sent to your advisor to email@example.com with your CWID number for assistance.
- Co-Terminal Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/