Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
First Semester of Enrollment:
In order to receive your PIN to register you must meet with your faculty advisor for program and course advising. Your advisor will administer your PIN to register If you are unable to reach them, contact Joanette Catino, Academic Program Coordinator for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department firstname.lastname@example.org and she will assist you in scheduling a meeting with them, either in person or over the phone for Distance Learners.
Continuing Semesters of Enrollment
The registration PIN will be displayed in the myIIT portal on the “IIT Personal ID Numbers” channel located under the Welcome tab.
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or co-terminal) adviser. The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Co-terminal students in the first semester of graduate co-terminal enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
- The hold prevents registration before the following semester until lifted by the adviser
- The mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold
How to Schedule Academic Advising to Remove Hold
Graduate students are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration to remove the mandatory advising hold. Contact your advisor directly by email or phone. Some faculty are using TutorTrac for scheduling appointments. TutorTrac is accessed from the my.iit.edu portal "Academics" tab or by clicking the "Advising" tab from Graduate Degree Works.
If your academic advisor does not respond within 2-3 business days regarding the PIN or advising you may forward the initial email to Joanette Catino, Academic Program Coordinator at email@example.com with your CWID number and she will arrange your advising meeting.
Co-TERMINAL Process for Removing Hold
Graduate Academic Advising for CO-TERMINAL student's registration hold will be removed when the student submits the declaration of co- terminal shared and non-shared courses in eForms, after it is approved by the co- terminal (graduate) advisor, academic unit and Graduate Academic Affairs which will lift the hold. You will need to see your advisor for shared and non-shared course advising. Please refer to the "Co-Terminal Program Advising" hyperlink below on this advising web page.
IIT Europe Partnership Students
Dr. Jafar Saniie, Chair of the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department will meet one on one with all IIT Europe students for program advising. The shared masters program will be explained, courses will be chosen, and a recommendation of a faculty advisor for the International Research Project that is in line with your area of interest will be made. Please refer to the "International Partner Research Project" (INIP) hyperlink below on this advising web page.
- Co-Terminal Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/