Armour College of Engineering (ACE) Commencement Ceremony will begin immediately following the Illinois Tech Opening Ceremony on Ed Glancy Field (see map). Undergraduate and graduate students from BME, ChBE, CAEE, ECE, and MMAE departments will participate in this ceremony. The following guide is meant to help ACE students and guests prepare for this special day.
- Graduates (7 - 8:30 am) - Students must sign in and receive a name card at the ACE Desk in the MTCC at the Commons between the hours of 7:00 - 8:30 am for the Opening Ceremony line-up. If students have not picked up their regalia at Grad Salute, they must do so at 7:00 - 8:30 am in the MTCC.
- Guests (8 - 9:20 am ) - The gates of the Opening Ceremony open at 8 am. Guests must be seated by 9:20 am. The Opening Ceremony and ACE Ceremony will take place outside, rain or shine, on Ed Glancy Field.
- Helpful Guidelines - Sunscreen, weather-appropriate attire and flat-soled shoes are strongly suggested for graduates and guests. Bring your Student ID as you will be required to present it at both the Opening Ceremony line-up (by 8:30 am) and diploma pick up. Please leave valuables including purses and gifts at home or with your guests prior to entering line-up locations.
SCHEDULE FOR ACE GRADUATES & GUESTS
The ACE Ceremony will begin immediately following the Illinois Tech Opening Ceremony. Please review the following schedule.
[7:00 – 8:30 AM] ARMOUR STUDENT CHECK-IN
All ACE students must check in at the Armour College check-in desk in the MTCC Commons to receive their name card. If students have not picked up their regalia or tickets for the Main Ceremony and their department's reception at Grad Salute, they must do so in the MTCC. Guests are not allowed in the MTCC during this time.
[8:30 AM] OPENING CEREMONY LINE-UP
Opening Ceremony line-up in the MTCC ends. All students should be checked in and lined up by this time.
[10:00 AM] OPENING CEREMONY BEGINS
Opening Ceremony begins and will last approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. Tickets ARE required to enter the Opening Ceremony. The Opening Ceremony will be streamed live here.
[11:45 AM] OPENING CEREMONY ENDS / ACE SEATING BEGINS
Upon conclusion of the Opening Ceremony, ACE Students will remain seated. Once released and escorted by event staff, students will report immediately to the Northeast end of Ed Glancy Field to line-up for the ACE Ceremony. The gates to the Ed Glancy Field will reopen for ACE Ceremony guests. Tickets ARE NOT required to enter the Armour Ceremony at 11:45 am. The ACE Ceremony will be streamed live here.
[12:15 PM] ACE CEREMONY BEGINS
During the ACE Ceremony, graduates of each department will be announced individually, walk across the stage, receive a diploma cover, shake hands with the Dean of Engineering or Department Chair, pose for a photo, and then return to their original seats.
[2:00 PM] ACE CEREMONY ENDS / DIPLOMA PICK-UP & DEPARTMENTAL RECEPTIONS BEGIN
Diploma pick up begins in the buildings listed below for students who have met the requirements set by the IIT Registrar and who have their IIT ID Card with them. Guests with tickets are encouraged to follow their graduate and enjoy the receptions that each department will hold in the same building as diploma pick up.
Biomedical Engineering (BME) - Wishnick Hall Lobby - 3255 South Dearborn
Chemical and Biological Engineering (ChBE) - Perlstein Hall - 10 W 33rd Street
Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering (CAEE) - John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center - 10 W 32nd Street
Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) - Galvin Library - 35 West 33rd Street
Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering (MMAE) - MTCC - 3201 South State Street
Please note: Guest tickets are required to attend the departmental receptions
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO POLICY
Professional photographers from GradImages will take photos of students accepting their diploma cover. These photos will be available online for purchase following the ceremony. The University prohibits standing in aisles or the blocking of walkways, to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests. If your guests can't attend they can watch a live stream of the ceremony beginning at noon CST.
Several offices who may assist in answering specific commencement related questions are listed below:
- Undergraduate degree conferral questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate degree conferral questions: email@example.com
- Diploma questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability services questions: email@example.com
- International student questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commencement ceremony questions: email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the Armour College of Engineering Unit Commencement Ceremony, please contact Catherine Cusack at firstname.lastname@example.org.