- Wave Propagation
- Micromechanics and Homogenization
- Deep Learning and Data-driven Mechanics
- Optimization and Inverse Problems
My research spans fundamental aspects of wave propagation in heterogeneous media, inverse material design for wave control, micromechanics and homogenization theory, and data-driven mechanics based upon deep learning algorithms. The application areas of my research include cloaking, shock wave mitigation, transducer design, vibration control, energy-flow control, NDE and SHM, and virtual sensors.
CAREER: Transformation Elastodynamics and its Application to Wave Control in Solids. Sponsor: National Science Foundation, award CMMI 1554033, $500,000 (02/01/2016--01/31/2021). Ankit Srivastava (PI).
Professional Society Memberships
- Yan Lu and Ankit Srivastava, "Level Repulsion and Band Sorting in Phononic Crystals", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 111(2018): 100-112, DOI: 10.1016/j.jmps.2017.10.021
- Ankit Srivastava and John R. Willis, "Evanescent Wave Boundary Layers in Metamaterials and Sidestepping them through a Variational Approach", Proceedings of the Royal Society A, DOI: 10.1098/rspa.2016.0765
- Yan Lu and Ankit Srivastava, "Combining Plane Wave Expansion and Variational Techniques for Fast Phononic Computations", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0001362
- Yan Lu, Yang Yang, James K. Guest, and Ankit Srivastava, "3-D Phononic Crystals with Ultra-wide Band Gaps", Scientific Reports, DOI:10.1038/srep43407
- Ankit Srivastava, "Metamaterial Properties of Periodic Laminates", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 96 (2016): 252-263
- Ankit Srivastava, "Causality and Passivity in Elastodynamics", Proceedings of the Royal Society A, DOI: 10.1098/rspa.2015.0256
- Ankit Srivastava, "Elastic Metamaterials and Dynamic Homogenization: A Review", invited paper in IJSNM special issue on metamaterials, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19475411.2015.1017779