Assistant Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2013
MS Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2010
BE Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University, 2007
Control systems and optimization
- Optimal control
- Model predictive control
- System verification
- Connected vehicle systems
- Motion planning
Best Student Paper Award, International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, 2017
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- HomChaudhuri, B., Vahidi, A., & Pisu, P. (2017). Fast Model Predictive Control Based Fuel Efficient Control Strategy for a Group of Connected Vehicles in Urban Road Conditions. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 25, pp. 760-767.
- HomChaudhuri, B., Lin, R., & Pisu, P. (2016). Hierarchical Control Strategies for Energy Management of Connected Hybrid Electric Vehicles in Urban Roads. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 62, pp. 70-86.
- Du, Z., HomChaudhuri, B., & Pisu, P. (2016). Distributed Coordination of Connected and Automated Vehicles at Multiple Interconnected Intersections. International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, 10, pp. 842-848.
- HomChaudhuri, B., Vinod, A. P., & Oishi, M. (2017). Computation of Forward Stochastic Reach Sets: Application to Stochastic Obstacle Avoidance in Motion Planning. Proceedings of American Control Conference, pp. 4404-4411.
- Vinod, A. P., HomChaudhuri, B., & Oishi, M. (2017). Forward Stochastic Reachability Analysis for Uncontrolled Linear Systems Using Fourier Transforms, Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, pp. 35-44.
- Chiang, H. T., HomChaudhuri, B., Vinod, A. P., Oishi, M., & Tapia, L. (2017). Dynamic Risk Tolerance: Motion Planning by Balancing Short-Term and Long-Term Stochastic Dynamic Predictions, International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- HomChaudhuri, B., Oishi, M., Shubert, M., Baldwin, M., & Erwin, E. R. (2016). Computing Reach-avoid Sets for Space Vehicle Docking under Impulsive Thrust, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 3312-3318.