Ph.D. in Energy Engineering/Thermo-mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois-Chicago, 1977
M.S. in Energy Engineering/Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois-Chicago, 1973
B.S. in Mathematics/Chemistry, University of Illinois-Chicago, 1970
Research in the energy (including renewable energy) and environmental areas.
- Use of chemical energy carrier fluids for the capture and transport of high temperature geothermal and solar energy for power generation.
- Hybrid (refrigeration / chemical absorption) processes for the separation of N2/CO2 from low-Btu natural gas and separation and recovery of CO2 from coal-fired power plant exhaust.
- Chemical/thermal/ mechanical processes for separating solid mixtures including processes for the separation of individual plastics from mixed plastics streams using froth flotation.
- The 2009 Technology Award of the Extraction and Processing Division of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
- GPEC Award for 2007, Enabling Technologies in Processes & Procedures, Environmental Division, Society of Plastics Engineers
- 2003 "Inventor of the Year" award by The Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago.
- 2002 SAE Arch T. Colwell Merit Award. Presented at the SAE World Congress
- 2000 R&D 100 Award, June 2000
- B.J. Jody, E.J. Daniels, and J.S. Spangenberger, Recycling of Polymers and Composites, Encyclopedia of Automotive Engineering (auto 164). Published on-line May, 2014. Book publishing in progress. Invited paper.
- B.J. Jody, R.D. Doctor, T. Petchsingto, and S.W. Snyder, Concept for Production of Chemicals and Power Using Geothermal Energy, Applied Thermal Engineering Journal (2013), DOI 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2013.04.047; Available online 13 May 2013; http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359431113003189.
- B.J. Jody, T. Petchsingto, R.D. Doctor, and S.W. Snyder, Capture of Geothermal Heat as Chemical Energy, Energy Sources Journal, accepted for publication.
- J.A. Pomykala, Jr., B.J., Jody, E.J. Daniels, and S.J. Spangenberger, and S. T. Lockwood, Method for the Separation of Overlapping Density Porous Materials from Less Porous Materials, U.S. Patent No. 8,083,067, December 2011.
- B.J. Jody, J.S., Spangenberger, J.A. Pomykala, Jr., E.J. Daniels and S.T. Lockwood, Process and Apparatus for Separating Solid Mixtures, U.S. Patent No. 7,954,642 B2, June 2011.
- B.J. Jody, J.A. Pomykala, Jr., E.J. Daniels, and J.S. Spangenberger, Process to Wash Polymers Contaminated with Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), U.S. Patent No. 7,525,010, April 2009.