Building science, multi-scale modeling of the built environment, building energy and environmental measurements, energy efficient buildings, building energy simulations, computational fluid dynamics, building control, and sustainable and smart cities.
- Multi-scale modeling of building energy systems in the built environment to understand relative significance of the heat transfer processes
- Energy use patterns classification of the building energy systems to design energy efficient buildings and develop opportunities to retrofit existing buildings
- Application of high performance computing for modeling building energy systems in the built environment to design sustainable and smart cities
- Numerical and experimental modeling of the transport processes in and around buildings located in the built environment
- Monitoring environmental conditions and airflow patterns to quantify impacts of building control on occupants’ thermal comfort and health outcomes
- Design and deployment of portable inexpensive mentoring sensors to monitor environmental conditions in buildings and measure energy consumption of buildings
- Performance assessment of different heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems using numerical modeling and experimental facility
Professional Society Memberships
- Member, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Heidarinejad, M., Dalgo, D., Mattise, N., Srebric, J., “Personalized Cooling as an Energy Efficiency Technology for City Footprint Reduction”, Journal of Cleaner Production 171 (2018) 491-505.
- Heidarinejad, M., Dahlhausen, M., Mattise, N., Sharma, K., Benne, K., Mcamber, D., Brackney, L., and Srebric, J., Demonstration of Reduced-Order Urban Scale Building Energy Models, Energy and Buildings 156 (2017) 17–28.
- Heidarinejad, M., Cedeño-Laurent, J.G., Wentz, J.R., Rekstad, N.M., Spengler, J.D., and Srebric, J. A Framework to Classify Campus Buildings Based on Their Energy Patterns in Support of On-Site Data Collection and Building Energy Simulation Modeling, Energy Conversion and Management 144 (2017), 164-180.
- Delgoshaei, P., Heidarinejad, M., Xu, K., Wentz, J.R. and Srebric, J., “Impacts of Building Operational Schedules and Occupants on the Lighting Energy Consumption Patterns of an Office Space”, Building Simulation 10 (2017), 447-458.
- Khoshdel Nikkho, S., Heidarinejad, M., Liu, J., and Srebric, J. Quantifying the impact of urban wind sheltering on the building energy consumption, Applied Thermal Engineering 116 (2017) 850-865.
- Kim, Y.S., Heidarinejad, M., Dahlhausen, M., Srebric, J. Building Energy Model Calibration with Occupancy and Plug-Load Schedules Derived from Electricity Use Data, Applied Energy 190 (2017) 997-1007.