Multiscale Computational Mechanics: Computational Quantum Chemistry, Atomistic Modeling, and Finite Element Analysis
Nanomanufacturing and Smart Coating Technologies
Engineering Materials: Reinforced Concrete, Asphalt Mixture, Geomaterials, and Metallic Materials
Pavement Engineering and Pavement Management
Development of Renewable Energy on the Public Right of Way (FHWA)
Validation of Rehabilitation Strategies to Extend the Service Life of Concrete Bridge Decks (Caltrans)
Fate and Transport Behavior of Contaminant Solute in Roadside Soils (USDOT)
Feasibility and Benefits of Paving Highways with Warm Mix Asphalt Concrete (MDT)
- Pan, T., "Coniferyl-Alcohol Lignin as a Bio-Antioxidant for Petroleum Asphalt: A Quantum Chemistry Based Atomistic Study." Fuel. Vol. 113, pp. 454-466. 2013.
- Pan, T., "Corrosion Behavior of a Duplex Stainless Steel under Cyclic Loading: A Scanning Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy (SKPFM) Based Microscopic Study." Journal of Applied Electrochemistry. Vol. 42(12), pp. 1049-1056. 2012.
- Pan, T. "Stressed Corrosion of an Austenitic Stainless Steel Studied by Scanning Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy." Analytical Letters. Vol. 45 (17), pp. 2580-2588. 2012.
- Pan, T., Melgar, C., and Robinson, T., "Damping Capacity of Styrene-Butadiene Latex Admixed Concrete: A Micromechanical Study." ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. Vol. 24(9), pp. 1237-1244. 2012.
- Pan, T., "Finite Element Analysis of Chemical Transport and Reinforcement Corrosion Induced Concrete Cracking in Variably Saturated Heterogeneous Concrete." ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics. Vol. 137, No. 5, pp. 334-345. 2011.
- Pan, T., and van Duin, A. C.T., "Passivation of Steel Surface: An Atomistic Modeling Approach Aided with X-ray Analyses." Materials Letters. Volume 65, Issues 21-22, Pages 3223-3226. 2011.
- Pan, T. and Liu, Y., "Computational Molecular Analysis of Chloride Transport in Hydrated Cement Paste." Journal of the Transportation Research Board: No. 2113, pp. 31-40. 2009.
- Pan, T., Nguyen, T., and Shi, X., "Assessment of Electrical Injection of Corrosion Inhibitor for Corrosion Protection of Reinforced Concrete." Journal of the Transportation Research Board: No. 2044, pp. 51-60. 2008.
- Pan, T. and He, X., "Laboratory Investigation of Acetate-based Deicing/Anti-Icing Agents Deteriorating Airfield Asphalt Concrete." Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Vol. 77, pp. 773-793. 2008.
- Pan, T., Tutumluer, E., and Anochie, B.J., "Aggregate Morphology Affecting Resilient Behavior of Unbound Granular Materials." Journal of the Transportation Research Board: No. 1952, pp. 12-20. 2006.