- The fabrication area may not be used unless properly supervised.
- A trained TA, authorized instructor or Armour shop staff member must be present at all times.
- Return tools to designated storage areas after use.
- Protect bench tops from glue and damage.
- Use paper or wood to protect the benches.
- Do not drill into the benches.
- The white tables are not considered work surfaces for projects.
- Do not use tools of any kind on these tables
- No painting of any kind may be done in 141.
- Projects must be properly stored or taken with.
- Instructors must request cabinet space from Armour College.
- Padlocks and labels will be provided.
- Bench tops must be clean and empty before you leave.
- Under no circumstances may projects and tools be left on the benches.
- No ‘horseplay’ will be tolerated.
- A safe workspace requires a calm and quiet atmosphere.
- Furniture may not be removed from the room.
- Do not significantly rearrange furniture without permission.
- Any tools brought into 141 must be approved by Armour College shop staff prior to use.
- Follow all posted safety signs in the room.
There are no safety training sessions for the Interactive Learning & Fabrication Area planned at this time. Please email email@example.com to find out if any future sessions will take place.
- No more than 12 people may occupy the fabrication area at one time.
- Observe proper tool use and safety procedures.
- Students must have completed the Armour safety training class to use the fabrication area.
- Safety glasses must be worn in all designated areas.
- Remove all jewelry including rings, bracelets and necklaces.
- Tie back long hair, roll up long sleeves.
- No flammable chemicals may be used.
- Know the location of the fire extinguishers and fire alarms.
Equipment & Power Tools in Fabrication Area
- 3D Printer
- Belt Sander
- CNC Foam Cutter
- Drill Press
- Hot Wire Cutter
- Laser Cutter
- Laser Scanner
- Sheet Metal Machine
The open period schedule will be updated soon.